Connect is a forum provided by Cammy 4 Council to connect members of the Omaha community through innovative ideas to solve common problems. As such, we want to foster a positive space where all members of our community feel confidence expressing their ideas, while respecting the ideas of others. Our aim is to promote dialogue not debate.
This Code of Conduct (CoC) outlines expectations for all those who participate in our online forum. This CoC also outlines consequences for unacceptable behavior in order to protect the flow of communication. Cammy 4 Council is committed to providing a welcoming, brave, and friendly space for all of our residents regardless of gender identity, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, ability, socioeconomic status, and/or religious beliefs. Not adhering to the CoC is a violation of the space and will not be allowed.
II. Expected Behavior
All members of the Cammy 4 Council forum are expected to:
1. Participate in discussions in an authentic way;
2. Exercise openness and consideration in when considering the perspectives of other members;
3. Refrain from any and all demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech;
4. Assume good intentions of other members during disagreements;
5. Honor and celebrate differences in race, ethnicity, ability, gender identity, appearance, sexuality, religion, politics, and economic status;
6. Limit reactionary posting and consider the comments fully before responding.
If you stray from these expected behaviors, you will be banned from the forum and your comments erased.
III. Recommended Behavior
Cammy 4 Council recommends the following forum behaviors to ensure that discussions stay productive:
1. Contribute with your own, authentic experiences and understand personal experiences aren't up for debate;
2. Use reputable sources when necessary to strengthen your argument;
3. Stay on the topic of the original poster, if you want to expand the topic, start a new discussion thread;
4. Rather than deleting comments, note "EDIT" to clarify any confusing language;
5. If posting something controversial, please stay active on the thread until the topic is concluded;
6. Be aware of defensiveness and fragility within yourself and challenge yourself to hold the concept that some values and beliefs are personal not universal, and your experiences do not define the experiences of everyone.
These recommendations are not required but they can encourage positive discussions on topics.
IV. Unacceptable Behavior
Cammy 4 Council has a zero tolerance policy for the following behaviors:
1. Targeting or harassing other members of the forum;
2. Violence, threats of violence, or any violent language of any kind, targeted at anyone;
3. Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or any other form of discriminatory language or hate speech including jokes;
4. Sexually explicit or violent material;
5. Making false claims, if you are asked to back up your claim, comply with the request;
6. Encouraging or supporting any of the above behaviors from fellow forum members.
We expect a reasonable level of respect and decorum on our forum.
V. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
If members engage in any of the unacceptable behavior, they will be banned from participating in discussions on the forum. If members make threats, law enforcement will be notified.
VI. Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness any unacceptable behavior, please notify the campaign immediately by contacting us:
Please include details of the incident and screenshots if possible.
If you feel you have been unfairly banned, please contact us and we will review the case.
We want to hear from you, and we wish to maintain a brave and respectful space for all of our members.